So I said I would do a quilt. Nevermind. I went online to find a blog about duvet covers. Much easier. Perhaps I shall tackle the quilt this summer. After adding up all the materials and including the batting, I thought, "If I wanted to make a quilt, I should not use an older comforter for the batting." Who has ever seen duvet cover that has a quilt design? That sounds terrible as well. I will make a duvet cover for Taj using my old comforter. This idea is much better for my pocket too. The quilt will be for something/someone special where I have lots of time and would like to buy all the materials new. I like the idea of duvet covers because I am reusing an old comforter in the process. This is also what I would like to do for our master bedroom in the event we decide to change up the colors.
For a duvet cover, I need a total of 6 panels. (three for the front and three for the back) Not sure if I would like them all to be the same color or different colors. Perhaps different for something reversible. All together they have to be 62 inches in width and 88 inches in length...if you add the seam allowance that would be about 66 inches in width and 90 inches in length.
Back to shopping!!
Design sponge looks like a neat resource for me in my sewing endeavores.
Many years before my son was bron..and when I was still single and could have it spread all over my living room floor, I made a star quilt. It sat for a long time folded in a closet. It is my plan someday to embroider tha names of my son's ancestors in the diamonds of the star quilt....genealogy can be so consuming! but since I have most of our lines back to the 2750's, I guess it's time to start....
ReplyDeleteAudrey aka AudreyGardenLady
http://AudreyGardenLady.blogspot.com
such a nice designs affordable digitizing vector services very amazing post thanks for sharing with us ! (*^#*(^$#^#&*#^$*#$^&*
ReplyDelete*@$^&*$$*(*($&&*(#&*(