Sunday, February 20, 2011

Quilting Ideas

So pretty soon here I will have to start thinking about how to transition Zion into the crib. Taj will also need to learn how to sleep in a bed. While sitting in the boy's bedroom today, I thought, "Why not make him a quilt for his bed?" I could use my old Muppet Babies comforter as a guide. Today I went to Fabrics.com and searched through the entire fabric selection. Found some fabrics that would look good together. I plan to place the order in early March. It will be navy, brown with accents of teal, yellow and red. The backing will have a apple green minky fabric so it will be soft and warm for Taj. I am looking forward to working on it soon. I would like for it to be done before Taj's birthday. However, we will see. I will need to pace it because this is a big project and nothing ever looks good when it is done without patience. Quilting feels like a whole different beast. Especially when you get into patterns and stitch styles. I will be doing something rather easy. More like a quilt with a bunch of different lengths of rectangles. I learned a new phrase today..."Stitch in the ditch." It means that when I make a quilt and put the quilt, padding and backing together, I stitch over the seams of the quilt. This will be tricky, requires patience and a gentle foot. I am looking forward to this project.

Comforter size: 62inches x 87inches

No comments:

Post a Comment